Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Help for Ty

Hey guys, Ty is going through something right now and I am not sure how to help him. He has been very sad lately. Yesterday on the way home from school, I asked him if he was ok. He said that he didn't feel like the kids in his class liked him. He said he felt like they were zebras with stripes and he was a zebra with polka dots (his words exactly). Brandon and I were talking to him and all his friends from elementary school are in different classes and he doesn't get to see them that much. I asked if he was hanging out with them at recess and he said that he had a hard time finding them. He has a friend in his class that the two of them were very close and Ty talked about him all the time. Ty said that since Christmas break his friend has a new friend and told Ty that he wants to hang out with his new friend. I believe that Ty is really upset that his buddy in his class isn't talking to him as much anymore. But last night he was in my room and he was crying and that made me cry. I know that this is a time of change for him but it still hurts when your baby (and he will always be my baby)is hurt and upset. We told him to reach out to his friends in his other classes. He said that he would, but that some of them don't have the same recess as him. Please pray for Ty...He was very sad last night and that is not like Ty. Most of you know that Ty has a lot of friends and very good friends, but those friends are not in the same class this year...

2 comments:

dottie said...

Hey, kidnap my son and perk old Ty up!

I know how you feel, we've had some issue with Maika and "friends" lately too.

Gotta remember Spring is coming and the young bucks will act differently toward one another. Their hormones are beginning to churn and life just stinks.

We've had some teary nights here too where Mai and I just lie in bed and talk with the door closed (Sister's don't need to hear EVERYTHING!). He really pours his heart out to me when we're in the dark in his bed just the two of us.

Hang in there Jen, you're not alone and neither is Ty even tho I'm sure he feels that way.

Holler sometime and we'll get the boys together. Last time Ty was here they didn't have enuf time to play, they hated to seperate!!!

We love you guys and you will all be in our prayers :)

Carissa Mason said...

Hang in there, girl. This same thing has happened with all 4 of my little ones. It passes. And he'll feel like he's got his stripes back very soon. My heart still goes out for him. It's no fun, I know.